Book Review - A Tine to Live, A Tine to Die

A Tine to Live, A Tine to Die (A Local Foods Mystery) by Edith Maxwell

I selected this first book in the series because I found that the author has written three different series and I had high expectations. I won't say I was disappointed  but I don't see myself reading anymore of this particular series.

The book is written in third person and starts out with the main character, Cam preparing for new customers at her farm which grows and sells organic produce. We don't know what has prepared Cam to run a working farm with only one farmhand and volunteers who work in exchange for product.

I grew up on a very small farm where we had a large garden, chickens and cows which were raised for our own consumption. It took a lot of work just to manage the garden so I had a hard time believing the premise in this book.

I also felt that the story started at a place where I had to look back to see if I had missed the first chapter. Although no one wants to read pages of backstory, I wanted a bit more about who this person was.

Her ex-employee is found dead and now we must go through the list of suspects. I liked that she had some professional help in the character of her childhood friend who is a member of the local police force. I liked that her love interest wasn't the handsomest man on the planet. There was a very suspenseful scene at the end which was also good.

My problem is I can't get past her running an entire farm on her own. It just isn't realistic enough for my taste.

Happy trails,

Leslie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller