Snippet of Menu for Murder

I've decided to randomly include a snippet from Menu for Murder.  Since you don't know what has come before or after the paragraph posted here I will leave it up to you to guess at what Jayne has gotten herself into.




            My head halfway under the thorny branches of a Palo Verde tree, I heard the sound of raised voices and footsteps crunching on the gravel pathway headed in my direction.  Not wanting to get into trouble for dropping the tray, I remained crouched behind the bushes like a timid desert rabbit hoping if I remained perfectly still I would not be discovered.

Jayne doesn't intend to trip her way into one catastrophe after another but sometimes life just seems to toss you in the wrong direction.  Let's hope she is able to get out from under the Palo Verde long enough to solve a murder - or two!


Leslie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller