Writing the second book

I have heard different things from different sources about whether if you are writing a series if you should start on the second book if you haven't found a publisher for the first one.  Based on the initial information I received I decided not to write the second book in the Jayne Stanford mystery series.  However after speaking with a publisher who recommended I write the next one, and getting the feedback on Menu for Murder, I have started it.

Cocktails at Sunset which is the working title picks up where we left Jayne at the end of Menu for Murder.  Initially I was concerned that I wouldn't have enough ideas for Jayne but that was unfounded.  As I work on the Outline (I absolutely must use an outline), my real difficulty has been narrowing down what I want my heroine to experience.  Can't throw everything at her at one time, now can we?

It's been exciting to continue her saga because I really like this character and I'm able to have fun writing her.  We'll see how it all turns out but if the first book isn't picked up by a publisher, I will self publish and and any others that follow.

I hope my readers will get the opportunity to read about all of Jayne's experiences.

Leslie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller