Happy Holidays

As I prepare to head to the east coast to visit my family for the holidays I know I will be occupied and it's doubtful I'll have time to do much, if any, writing.  

For me time has been the biggest obstacle.  I work at least a forty hour week at a paying job.  When that is done I have to get some exercise (because I do love my chocolate) and spend time with friends.  In between there are meals to cook and laundry and all the fun stuff that you have to do if you don't have a live in maid and cook.  Oh wait, that's my other job!

I envy people who are able to shut themselves off from the world and focus on writing.  Sometimes I may be my own worst enemy because I would rather watch an hour of mindless television or read someone else's work than to try to be creative.  Since I work at a job that requires me to be tuned in from the moment I hit the desk until I shut it down for the day, and then sometimes even after hours, I feel drained of energy and devoid of creative thought.  How is it possible to complete a book in less than six months?  I know of author's who do just that and more.

Despite my best intentions of committing an entire weekend to writing there inevitably seems to be something else that needs to be done.  Case in point - today I went to the gym, had my nails done, went to Costco,checked email, posted on Facebook, started packing for my trip, went to an early dinner, stopped for ice cream, watched a movie and posted to my blog.  Sounds like a productive day but it wasn't if you consider that not one word was written in the second Jayne Stanford series book.

So another day comes to an end and I'm tired and ready shut down.  I hope that tomorrow is going to find me focused on my dreams rather than just dreaming.

Leslie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller