Jayne's Restaurant Review - Mod Pizza by L. A. Keller

If the restaurant name includes the word pizza then you can count me in!  Mod Pizza is a chain of "quick cook" pizza oven restaurants which can be found across the U.S.  There are three locations in Arizona but, as it happens, I dined at a location in Virginia.  I expect the experience is the same regardless of where you are.

When you enter a board posts suggestions for your pizza but you can easily create your own as you walk through the line. The design your own concept is a popular one which can be found in places such as Chipotle. Guests select which toppings to included and the completed pizza then goes into a brick oven and is one in less than ten minutes.

I had a half white/half red pizza with grilled chicken, gorgonzola, herbs and mozzarella cheese. My friend had a red sauce with lots of veggies.  Mine was much better!  Overall, the pizza was good but I wouldn't rush back to Mod Pizza.  My theory is that if I'm going to consume that many calories for my pizza I want it to be great. Although the crust was very good, the overall flavor wasn't what I expected. Of course, since I picked what I wanted this may be partially my fault. However, having had this combination before I had high expectations.

If you want a quick in-and-out pizza experience, this works but it wasn't the best I've had.

Remember to always drink responsibly and tip your bartender and servers.



Happy Dining,

Jayne


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller