Book Review - Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake Series Book 1 by Rachel Caine by L. A. Keller

This is not a cozy mystery and does have a few graphic scenes but the only reason I couldn't sleep at night was because I couldn't stop reading it. At the time I am writing this review the book has more than 7000 reviews almost all five stars. I cannot disagree with those reviewers because I will also be giving it five stars.

I don't want to give away any part of the plot which included many twists and turns but the general story is that of a mother who finds out her husband was a serial killer and how it impacts her life, her children and anyone near to her.  It is also a story of how social media and the news media can destroy lives without knowing the truth.

The writing was brilliant and grabs your attention from the first page. I loved this line from the main character's first person inner dialogue when thinking about her children:

"...I love these kids. I love them so much it steals my breath and squeezes me flat, and at the same time, it makes me feel weightless and exalted."

If you have ever loved anyone or anything this deeply you can feel her description through your entire body and you relate to what compels her to do the things she does.

The reader sees how the character Gina, later known as Gwen evolves and changes from a victim into a woman who can and will protect her family at all costs.

I have already downloaded the next book in the series and can't wait to see where the story goes.  Five stars all the way!



Happy Trails,

Leslie

Visit my website

Twitter     Instagram     Facebook     Menu for Murder     Cocktails at Sunset


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller