Jayne's Restaurant Review - Barrio Queen by L. A. Keller

If I could live on cupcakes and diet soda I probably would - unless someone else is cooking. So I'm always very happy to try a different restaurant and see what the competition is up to.  This review is about a relative newcomer to the Desert Ridge area, the Barrio Queen Restaurante Y Tequileria.

I dined inside the restaurant with three friends on a busy Thursday night at 5 pm. The outside seating is very nice and would have been my first pick, however the inside is lovely. The artwork is fun and colorful, taking you right into the heart of the culture. I loved the gas fireplace which was lit with miniature skull lights and the gorgeous prints on the walls.

I was greeted immediately by four hosts who were very accommodating and patient - since my friends were late. Seated in the side room, with a great view of the restaurant and back bar, the table was comfortable and the server always present, even if slightly inexperienced.

Three of us ordered tacos and one ordered the Arizona Burrito.  I had a three taco plate with two carnitas and one Pollo Deshebrado.  Delicious!  Even though the size would be considered a 'street taco' it was more than I could finish.  I also ordered the appetizer of Barrio Papas with chicken. I wouldn't order those again because the fries were dry unless doused in cheese.

I'm sorry I didn't have a margarita since this place is a tequilera and next time I will.  Monday are Margarita night and Tuesdays are taco night. I'm adding this place to yummy place for tacos list and will try something different next time.




Happy Dining,

Jayne



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller