Cowgirl, a better looking cowboy with brains

I have a t-shirt that I picked up somewhere many years ago. It doesn't fit anymore and it's very worn but I refuse to throw it out.  The main reason, the only reason actually, is the saying on the front which makes me laugh every time I re-fold it and stuff it back in the dark recess of my closet.

Cowgirl - a better looking cowboy with brains

Just in case you are ready to write me or protest outside my house, let me clarify that I don't think cowboys are dumb and I certainly don't think they aren't sexy.  If you read my books, you know that's not the case. Still, this shirt makes me chuckle and, since every other news report talks about women and the difference in pay, treatment, etc, I felt compelled to use this as my theme for this post.

Seriously, there really is something about a man in a pair of worn Wrangler jeans and dusty cowboy hat atop a horse that gets my heart rate up. Cowboys can be the good guys (picture the Lone Ranger or 80% of John Wayne's movies) or a very bad guy. A cowboy is the one who rides in at a gallop and rescues the girl from danger. In modern times, he may be the one who has the rough bad boy exterior that hides his sweet and gentle inside.  He appears in literature even today as a popular character. He is strong and handsome and wise. What is not to love?

Thankfully, the lucky cowboys find a smart girl to keep them in the saddle and on the right trail.

I do not know the source of this image. I found it on an internet search but the photographer was not identified.


Happy Trails,

Leslie





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller