Book Review - Muzzled: A Kate Turner, DVM Mystery by Eileen Brady

I admit that I selected this book because it was written by my veterinarian's wife. He's the best vet I've ever had and on that basis alone I hoped I would like this book.  I didn't like it - I loved it.

We meet Kate Turner as she is working her shift as a fill-in vet in a small town in New York stage. I'm jealous that this  vet makes house calls (hint, hint to Dr. G) and lots of them.

The book was a great cozy mystery with lots of red herrings and some interesting characters. In keeping with the cozy genre, there are dead bodies but no graphic violence. There is a hint of a potential love interest but it seems we'll have to read the next book to see if it develops. Add in the various animals and Kate's co-workers and you have the potential for a long running series.

I loved the end of Chapter Twenty-nine where the police officer says to Kate.

"Don't do any more investigating on your own," he warned me. "If there is a killer, and I believe now there is, it could be dangerous for you. Go to work, keep to a regular schedule, and call me if you think of anything else."

I promised him I would
Unfortunately, if didn't work out that way.
Someone had other plans.

Nothing beats a good cliffhanger to end a chapter.




Happy Trails,

Leslie

Visit my website

Twitter           Instagram           Facebook         LinkedIn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller