Jayne's Restaurant Review - Olive & Ivy

I recently dined at Olive & Ivy in old town Scottsdale. I had been here years ago but not had a chance to return.  This restaurant is part of the Fox Restaurant group, known locally for the many successful restaurants they've opened. The restaurant didn't disappoint for the food quality or service but I also don't feel compelled to rush back

As I was part of a large group, we dined in a private room, with a lovely circular table that had doors which closed it off from the rest of the dining areas.

I started with the garden salad followed by the bacon wrapped pork tenderloin. It was delicious. In fact, everything I tasted and my dining companions had was great except for - the most important part of the meal to me - the dessert. I had a dark chocolate cake that I actually didn't even finish. That in itself should tell you a lot.

Although the food was good and the service excellent, there was something missing in the experience that I can't nail down. With so many choices in the Valley, I think it may be a few years before I check this place out again.


Happy Dining,

Jayne

http://www.foxrc.com/restaurants/olive-ivy-restaurant-marketplace/

Visit Leslie's website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller