An Interview with Mayor Franklin McArthur

The following is a snippet of an interview by an unknown investigative journalist with the now deceased mayor of Cave Creek, Arizona, Franklin McArthur. I was fortunate to discover this interview while trolling the internet.

Reporter: "Mayor McArthur, you've experienced much success in the small town of Cave Creek in a short period of time. Can you tell my readers how you accomplished this?"

Franklin: "Hard work and heavy lifting. As I boy, I always dreamed of entering politics so that I could help the little people."

Reporter: "You grew up back east, what made you decide to run for office here?"

Franklin: "Cave Creek is a charming town with many influential people. I knew I could make a difference."

Reporter: "Can you expand upon how you have made a difference?"

Franklin:  "I was the impetus behind the idea for the first women's shelter in the town. I've met with my constituents who want land opened up for development."

Reporter: "The women's shelter has stalled due to lack of funding. How do you explain that?"

Franklin:  "As a town, we need to come together to raise the necessary funding."

Reporter: "How does a new housing development, help the little people? That development is for million dollar homes, which the working class in this town cannot afford. It would also use much of the land designated as open space for recreation use instead for housing."

Franklin:  "I'm not responsible for people's career choices if they can't afford a nice home. The desert is here for us to use as we see fit."

Reporter: "Your ex-wife Evangeline McArthur has a few unkind words to say about you. Do you have any response to her accusations?"

Franklin: "She's bitter because she is fat and alone."

Reporter: "That's a bit harsh. Back to the women's shelter, there are some rumors that there might have been, shall we say, creative bookkeeping, which has let to the delays. Do you have any comment regarding that?"

Franklin: "No comment. This interview is over."

Well, it seems our favorite mayor might have been involved in something shady. Could that have led to his murder?  You'll have to read Menu for Murder to find out.

Happy Trails,

Leslie


Visit my website







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller