Jayne's Restaurant Review - Rustler's Rooste

I've eaten in this iconic Phoenix restaurant a few times. What do I love about it?  Everything!

Located on South Mountain, it was founded in 1971 and remains family owned. The rumor is that the original location was used as a hideout for cattle rustlers. "Horny" the bull remains ensconced outside the front door and may or may not greet you when you enter.

The menu is comprised of steaks, ribs and chicken with ample sides which accompany your meal.  The prices are more than reasonable and the quality is good. The view is amazing at night and I hear it's a fantastic place to watch the fireworks over downtown Phoenix on the 4th of July. There is a live band every night playing country music with a small dance floor. And for the adventurous, there is a tin slide for the kids from the upper to lower level on the inside and a waterfall.

I selected the cowboy cut of the "Tenderfoot" filet. I added the loaded baked potato but my dinner came with a salad (served family style for our large group), half ear of corn on the cob, sweet potatoes wedges and yummy biscuits and Indian style fry bread.  My steak was cooked perfectly and as tender as I expected. For a price of $21.95 (not including the baked potato) it is a steal. For dessert we were presented with cotton candy - a sugar filled treat I hadn't tasted in a very long time.

Wine selection wasn't fantastic but it was good. Service was decent considering we dined on the eve of a major holiday and I was part of a large group. A few items arrived at the table late but again, I'll excuse that based on the night.

Overall, this is a great place to bring out of town visitors or just to enjoy some cowboy atmosphere with a good meal. A definite five out of five forks for value, quality and atmosphere.

Happy dining,

Jayne

Visit Leslie's website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller