Book Review - Tastes Like Murder (Cookies & Chance Mysteries) by Catherine Bruns

This was definitely a cozy mystery and it was by an author I have never read - so that automatically makes me cautious.

I read this book in one day, which isn't a bad thing. It just happened that I had to wait for my pedicure, sit with nothing to do while getting my pedicure and then decided to finish it since I was already almost done. Sounds like my life is either really boring or really snobby but this was my first free day in a very long time.

The main character Sally Muccio has recently divorced her cheating husband, moved back to her small hometown and started a cookie bakery. She employs her best friend, Josie, who is a baker extraordinaire and also a mother with four small children.

Despite growing up in this small town, Sally has only one good friend (the aforementioned Josie) but does have a few enemies, namely the woman who cheated with Sally's husband, Amanda and Sally's ex-boyfriend, Mike.

When Amanda winds up dead outside the bakery, it looks like she will be accused of murder.  The plot takes a few twists and there are two handsome men vying for Sally's affections.

This was a light read and exactly what a cozy should be.  A splash of murder, a sprinkle of romance, a few laughs and a happy ending.

I really enjoyed the writing style and would read this author again. Remember a cozy is not written to keep you tossing and turning all night (or afraid to take a shower alone in the house). It's meant to entertain you, keep you turning the pages, maybe want to slap the character once or twice and then want to find out what other trouble she can get herself into.  This books accomplishes all of that.

Happy trails,

Leslie

Visit my website


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller