Jayne's Arizona Restaurant - Amaro

This is my second review for Leslie's blog.  I appreciate her giving me a chance to speak for myself, or rather to at least say a few words about one of my favorite subjects - food!

To do this review I actually visited Amaro Italiano Ristorante not once but twice. One time on a Saturday and once on a Monday. I expected the Saturday to be busy and the Monday to be dead. That was partially true because the restaurant was almost empty both nights but the bar did a decent business on Monday.  I think it was a work group coming out for happy hour.

The menu promises a lovely dinner but judging by the lack of patrons I wondered what they would deliver. As a  restaurant worker myself, there are some telltale signs as soon as you walk in an establishment. 

In this case, the hostess was untrained, then the bar staff was untrained and finally the waitstaff was untrained. If the food had been fabulous it would be been worth it but I'm sorry to say that I've had much better.

My filet mignon was overdone, my friend's pasta dish was drowning in a weak sauce and my almost/maybe boyfriend, Jonas had pizza which tasted good but made him feel sick later on. I really wanted to rave about this place because it's on the way to Cave Creek and that's my favorite place to hang out. 


Unfortunately, I'm afraid by the time you read this the place may be closed. If it's still open maybe that means they've figured it out.

Happy dining, 

Jayne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller