Jayne's Restaurant Review - The Chart House by L. A. Keller



I've dined in the Chart House restaurant in Scottsdale many times over the years. It has a great view of a large pond that abuts the McCormick Ranch golf course. I can't recall a time when the restaurant was full which is surprising because I've never had a bad meal nor bad service.  If you go, make sure to ask for a table with a view.  The ducks, swans and egrets will keep you entertained if your dinner companion bores you.

I dined on a Sunday evening with a friend. We started with the salad bar which they now call the Farmer's Bar.  I could be wrong but I felt like it had been trimmed down somewhat from past years, however it still includes caviar, Caesar salad, some pasta and potato salad selections with extras.  At only $10 in addition to your entre it's about standard for a salad course. The advantage is you can go back as many times as you like.  Despite the idea of a salad bar at a nice restaurant, it's good.

My friend ordered the Shrimp, Crab, Avocado and Mango Stack appetizer and I ordered a filet with an add-on crab cake.  Mine came with mashed potatoes and I also added the blue cheese butter (a surprising $3 upcharge). The appetizer portion was sizeable and plenty for her dinner after the salad bar. I needed a to go container because I had way too much food.

Of course, we both ordered dessert because after all, she only had an appetizer!  She had the Mud Pie, shown in the first photo and then again in the last photo.  I had the Key Lime Pie. The mud pie has coffee flavor so I didn't taste it but she enjoyed it immensely. My pie was perfect that night and the next.

Service was exceptional. Our server had a great personality and was attentive without being obtrusive. I would absolutely recommend this place for a special occasion or just for appetizers at the bar as it can be on the more expensive side.



What was left of the Mud Pie

Remember to always drink responsibly and tip your bartender and servers.

Happy Dining,

Jayne


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller