Wild Bronco Steakhouse - Apple Crumble by L. A. Keller


Readers have been asking me for recipes from the Wild Bronco Steakhouse where my character Jayne works. I haven’t included them in the release of Menu for Murder or Cocktails at Sunset so I decided to post them on my blog. This recipe will be featured in an upcoming recipe anthology by Desert Sleuths so you are getting an early preview.

This is the easiest almost homemade dessert I make and is so popular I can serve it at any gathering. Even better, it takes only minutes to prepare.

This recipe is one I think Wild Bronco would offer as a delicious dessert with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.  The guests don’t need to know how easy it is for the chef to make it!


Easy Apple Crumble

Ingredients:

2 cans apple pie filling

1 pouch (l lb. 5 ounce) Betty Crocker oatmeal cookie mix

½ cup butter melted

½ cup chopped pecans – optional


Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350°

Spray bottom and sides of an 8 x 8 inch glass baking dish.

Spread apple pie filling in the bottom of the dish.

In a bowl, combine the oatmeal cookie mix and melted butter until crumbly.

Sprinkle cookie mix over the apple pie filling.

Bake 30 minutes.

Remove from oven, sprinkle with nuts.

Bake an additional 10 minutes until the topping is golden brown.

Serve warm or at room temperature with ice cream.


Happy Trails,

Leslie


Twitter     Instagram     Facebook     Menu for Murder     Cocktails at Sunset


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller