Super Short Story - Perfect by L. A. Keller

I flipped the calendar pages. Ten more days until June. My life would start at exactly 6:04 pm eastern. Every detail was arranged with no possibility of error.

I un-clenched my teeth and picked a minuscule piece of lint from my navy wool pants. I needed to hold it together for two hundred and forty more hours. Two hundred thirty-nine hours and fifty-six minutes. I reminded myself to breathe in and out.

I heard my mother's voice in my head, "Quit picking at your nails, Margaret."  If only she were here with me right now. I tapped my finger against my chin. Would my arrangements have met with her exacting standards? Or might I have disappointed her yet again?

My fingers twitched with the urge to open the antique walnut armoire and dance over the fabric. Hand beaded, mermaid-style with a fifteen foot train, it was the dress of my dreams. Samuel was the man of my dreams and I really loved him.

If only he wouldn't hit me again, our life would be perfect.


Happy Trails,

Leslie

Leslie's Website     Twitter     Instagram     Facebook     Menu for Murder     Cocktails at Sunset

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller