Lillet Rose leaps into Spring by L. A. Keller

I searched for a light cocktail recipe to give you a nudge towards Spring time. I found this from Martha Stewart and it looks delicious. Even though I'm not a gin drinker I think this might be worth a try.

Lillet Rose Spring Cocktail

Lillet Rose is a fortified wine blend of Sauvignon Blanc and Muscatel which tastes like fresh berries. Martha suggests garnishing with fresh flowers. I can't wait to serve this with a beautiful salad.  On it's own this wine is a great way to start celebrating the emergence of spring flowers after the long cold winter. For us Arizona folks, I will amend that to celebrate the beginning of our one hundred degree days.

12 ounces Lillet Rose
12 ounces Ruby Red grapefruit juice
6 ounces gin
Edible flower blossoms

Combine 6 ounces Lillet with 6 ounces grapefruit juice, 3 ounces of gin in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Shake until well blended.
Strain and divide into six Champagne coupes.
Repeat with the remaining Lillet, juice and gin.
Garnish with flowers and serve immediately.





Remember to always drink responsibly.

Cheers

Jayne




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller