Book Review - Little Shop of Homicide, A Devereaux's Dime Store Mystery by Denise Swanson

This is the first book I've read by this author and the first in the series. I find it difficult follow a series unless I start at book one but this was an exception. Even though it was obvious that I had missed some significant events in Dev Sinclair's life, the author did a good job of bringing the reader current without too much tedious backstory.

We meet Dev working in her small town shop where she makes gift baskets, having left behind her highly paid job to be near to her grandmother. Her father is in prison for swindling clients in a ponzi type scam, which ruined Dev's career as well, even though she wasn't involved.

I liked the main character and her potential love interest Jake. Jake is a U.S. Marshall who is recovering from an injury and helping out on his grandfather's farm. When Dev is suspected of murdering her high school boyfriend's fiance, Jack helps her find the real killer.

I found this a enjoyable read and well within the cozy mystery 'rules'. There was suspense, a touch of romance and a good murder. I will definitely try one of the author's other books to see which character I prefer.



Happy Trails,

Leslie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller