Death by Food - Part 4 of ways to die

I know this isn't really funny but I constantly tease my partner that he will probably wind up dead by ice cream.  He's horribly lactose intolerant, to the point where he has a serious reaction which causes him difficulty breathing. That part is definitely not funny. However, he loves ice cream like I love chocolate. I warn him not to give in and consume a half gallon of ice cream if I am not around to call for help. But the wicked writer part of me loves the idea of death by ice cream.  What a way to go!

This leads me to part four of my "Death by" series. We've covered shooting, stabbing, strangulation, falls and poison. Why not food? Not food in the sense that you would hide poison in food, because that really is only poison in disguise. If the killer knows someone would have an allergic reaction to a certain food and uses that as his (or her) weapon of choice, it can be interesting.

Of course, if you are using food then you would have to be more creative than simply slipping nuts into the brownies you deliver to the victim's doorstep. Death could be due to lack of food rather than consumption but that seems boring to me. What if the victim actually commits a form of suicide by food? Gorging on food until he chokes or the opposite where the killer convinces the victim she is too fat and she starves herself in order to be thin?

Using food as a weapon has the potential to make the killer more diabolical or perverse than something as easy as shooting the victim. It has the potential to make both our victim and killer fascinating and unique. As Jayne continues her journey through the pages of the next books, I expect food may take a more prominent role.

Happy trails,

Leslie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller