Death - by gunshot or stabbing. Part 1 of different ways to die

As a mystery writer, it's hard not to take notes when you hear of a new way to commit murder.  Am I obsessed with ways to kill people? I am - but only on paper.

Since I recently watched a true story about a nurse who killed his wife in a creative fashion (and yes, I was frantically writing down the chemicals involved and the way it was discovered), I decided to include a series on the different ways people are murdered. I'm curious about which ones are the most fun. Obviously not for the victim but at least for the reader!

In Part 1, gunshot versus stabbing, let's first determine who is more likely to use which "tool". Is it easier to shoot someone or to stab him?

Research indicates that women are more likely to use a knife in a murder due to the fact that they require less forethought. And, interestingly enough, women are more likely to use a knife to kill someone they know.

Whereas shooting someone can be done from a distance it is much less personal, but requires greater accuracy and you have to either have a gun handy when you decide to kill someone or you have to plan ahead. As a gun owner, I know a gun is harder to use. First you have to make sure it's loaded and then know if there is a safety. In the heat of the moment, you can't ask the victim to stop and wait while you load it. Of course, if you are organized and plan ahead, you may have those two things crossed off your list.

There are pros and cons to either method. In Menu for Murder, I actually use both. Personally, I think stabbing would have to win out for me. I like letting my killer be a bit less organized.

Happy trails,

Leslie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller