Animal Wellness - a new concept

Once in a while I feel compelled to veer off the topic of writing and blog about something totally unrelated.  Hopefully you won't be discouraged by my wanderings and will return and read the next post which I promise will be writing related.

A friend of mine (the wonderful Lauren Steinberg) has recently started a pet wellness center in Monroe, NY.  I'm so excited about the concept that I felt compelled to share it with my readers.  Monroe Animal Hospital and Pet Wellness Center focuses on taking care of our four legged children the way we should.  Their mission statement is:

Our center's philosophy is to promote healing and well being, to contribute to animal welfare issues and to give back to the animal and human community

By offering services we might expect to see provided for humans I believe they have taken pet care to the next level.  Despite the fact that many of us who share our lives with animals are positive that they speak to us, the reality is that we are seriously lacking in understanding when they are in pain or sick.  Yes we know they understand us when we ask if they are hungry or in desperate need of a belly rub but they aren't able to adequately convey how much they may hurt. 

Having a place where you can take you loved one for a massage, acupuncture or physical rehab is a wonderful option.   I know they also offer dog and "parent" yoga classes, which if I had a dog would be worth the trip to NY.

I wish them all the best in this new endeavor and hope that if you are in the area you will stop by and see them soon.  After all our pets give to us we certainly owe them the opportunity to enjoy a full and healthy life.

Here is a link to their website:  http://www.monroeah.com/

Leslie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller