Inspiration

How do you find inspiration?  Do you listen to a particular type of music, sit in your favorite chair, read someone's work other than your own or do you simply wake up every day filled with ideas?

For me it is a combination of all of the above - and probably a few others that I can't think of right now.  I could be driving down the highway when a song comes on the radio that lights up my brain and starts the ideas flowing.  Some days just before I am completely awake an entire scene will play out in my head forcing me out of bed in the early pre-dawn hours to jot it down before it slips away.

Hardest is when I try to force the words on to paper - when my mind has jettisoned off to another place and time or when all I can think about is the list of one hundred other things to which I still need to attend.  But having said that, I also find that even when I don't feel like I can put forth a single thought, sometimes I do my best writing.

Do you need to feel inspired to write, or is it wiser to simply set aside the time and let the words out even when you don't feel they are there?  I think I tend to wait for the inspiration to come.  Which is perhaps more of an excuse not to get busy than it is lack of inspiration.  After all do I really need the perfect country music song to think about a sexy cowboy who comes to the rescue of my heroine? Probably not!

Leslie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller