Social media - Writing & more writing

Last night I attended a local group for writers and the speaker talked about social media.  Today I registered for a one day workshop which has an hour and a half dedicated to social media.  My Yahoo Groups discuss social media regularly. Everywhere you look someone wants to discuss social media. Now, I am too.

Obviously, I blog.  I post to Facebook and I intend (truly, I do) to Tweet, Instagram, Google+ and Pin. The problem is I barely have time to keep up with my blog and Facebook, let alone all the other social media. There are programs which will help you post to multiple sources at one time. Hootsuite and Sproutsocial are just two of the options available. You can write one post and have it go out to all of your social media for a monthly fee.

Depending on your free time and funds, managing one entry is significantly easier than keeping up with the many ways to communicate with your fan base. However, you can also start small and work up. I would suggest Facebook, as a minimum, because it's easy for a novice to set up a business page and posting is simple. You can upload photos individually or as part of an album and Facebook encourages you to increase your business page exposure. It's easy for your friends or fans to communicate with you via comments.

Your author platform is essential to reaching your readers. You want them to find your books, to know your name and communicate with you. Ultimately it's another way of practicing the craft and getting your work out to the readers.


Happy trails, 

Leslie





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller