Jayne's Restaurant Review - Mastro's Ocean Club

Dined here with 3 friends and can't wait to go back.  This is part of a small chain of high-end restaurants owned by the Mastros Group.  In Arizona they have 3 locations - the Ocean Club, City Hall and the North Scottsdale Steakhouse. 

The restaurant has a quiet sophistication as soon as you enter. On the night we went they had a two piece band in the bar and there is a very tiny dance area in front.  The bar is sizeable with tables surrounding it of which some are considered restaurant and some are bar.

We started with the beef carpaccio, Caesar salad and calamari. I ordered the crab cakes but our server forgot to put them in.

For dinner my friends shared the Porterhouse for two, the Broncini, Brussel sprouts and the gorgonzola mac and cheese.  I had the twin lobster tails with vinegar shoestring fries.  For dessert we shared the warm butter cake.

With two mid-range bottles of wine our dinner came to $480 with tip.  A pricey meal but it was a special occasion.  I would definitely go back and would order those fries again and that mac and cheese. Both were delicious.  My friend wasn't happy with the Broncini but I think he made the wrong selection for his tastes. 

Overall the service was good but not spectacular. If we had more time I would have moved to the bar to listen to the band.  I would compare this to Ocean Prime (which I have previously reviewed) and would give Ocean Prime higher marks. It's a smaller place with better service and a slightly lower price.

Remember to always tip your bartenders and servers and drink responsibly.



Happy Dining,

Jayne

Visit Leslie's Website

Twitter     Instagram     Facebook     Menu for Murder     Cocktails at Sunset

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does the Wine Glass Matter by L. A. Keller

I Don't Believe in Happily Ever After by L. A. Keller

Jayne's Restaurant Review - Fabio on Fire by L. A. Keller